I was charged for services at a residence after I moved. Keep in mind that I made all arrangements to cancel service, returned the equipment, was credited for the equipment, yet, was STILL CHARGED FOR THE MONTH.

This makes ZERO sense to me and the customer service representative was ZERO help and could not grasp the absurdity of the whole thing. The only way to get their attention is to contact your local government, the FCC and other regulatory agency. They can't get away with charging consumers for services that they did not use or that they specifically requested to cancel.

I tried to speak to some one online, but received radio silence when I asked her why I did not receive a bill. She also provided no response when I repeatedly asked her why I was being charged for September when I returned my equipment in earlier September and requested cancellation for early that month.

In September when I spoke to their representative, I was assured that I had no outstanding charges as I did not want to deal with RCN ever again. I guess they still think they can get more money out of me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rcn Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Mar 26.

Comments

rcn_cares
Rcn Verified Representative

Hello, and thank you for reviewing your recent experience with RCN. We strive to provide the best experience for our customers, even when they leave our service family.

I'm sorry to hear that we did not live up to that high expectation. In order to better assist you, please email me at helpme@rcn.net with "Attn Jackie" in the subject. In your email, please reference this review and include your account number/the full address where you had service with us. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank you for being a valued RCN customer! -Jackie