1.6
Coverage Area

I went into the RCN website to pay a past due amount of $284.75.I put in $285 as the amount to be paid since a new bill had generated and an even amount is easier.

The next day I realize that they charged $580 + on my credit card and called them immediately to have that corrected. They told me there was nothing they could do even though it had been less than 24 hours and to call my credit card company to dispute the charge. It is now a few months later and I got a letter stating that RCN countered my claim stating that the amount they charged was the amount due. And since their confirmation email was the amount they actually charged not the amount I authorized them to charge I have no evidence except my word.

So my credit card now has an additional $295+ of charges that it shouldn't have and is extremely close to the balance.

I guess I should be glad I didn't use my debit card because it would have overdraft my account and the dispute process may have cause my account to be closed.I will NEVER use RCN again and I will be sure to discourage everyone I know to avoid these criminals.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Rcn?

Comments