Coverage Area
Style and Design

Suggestion: RUN, RUN, RUN, SO NOT USE THIS DISHONEST COMPANY BUYER BEWARE In the past I've had Spectrum and Optimum Online. Both services were reliable with excellent service, but expensive.

Therefore, I can adequately compare the RCN cable Company to others. RCN's selling point is a decent or reasonable price for online and cable services. Nothing could be further from the truth. You get nothing as promised, but then you're charged as if you have a premium package.

BUYER BEWARE: 1.Every month the charges go up or different than agreed upon price. 2. Each month charged a different amount for nonexistent equipment 3. BAIT & SWITCH -- caught them at installation giving me an outdated, slow modem instead of the one promised by mutual agreement.

Also, they didn't have the promised cable box, so I got a cheaper model. 4. Terrible programing -- so much *** on REGULAR movie channels (not at spectrum). Repeats, Commercials, Repeats.

I thought when we PAID for cable it was to circumvent advertising and repeats. Stupid me. 5. Customer support is horrendous.

Total dishonesty about everything. They appear UNINFORMED, BUT THEY ARE NOT. This is a ploy to silence you, and promised to "remedy" billing mistakes, fees, and online connection problems. CUSTOMER SUPPORT KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO RIP YOU OFF.

THIS IS HOW THEY WERE TRAINED. TO GET EVERY PENNY FROM CUSTOMER AND NOT TO DELIVER ON THEIR PROMISES. 6. FEES --- new bizarre fees all the time.

When called customer support, they apologized and corrected the mistake. Next month fees DOUBLED BECAUSE I DID NOT PAY MISTAKEN FEES. It has now added up to over $100 because they will not correct their ORIGINAL mistakes. This is how they make their extra money.

I live in a high-rise apartment, and everyone is having the same problem. 7.

SUMMATION: BAIT & SWITCH, UNAUTHORIZED FEES, FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, HORRIFIC SERVICE, TERRIBLE EQUIPMENT, AND CRIMINAL BILLING PROCEDURES. THEY ARE SIMPLY LIARS, AND THIEVES HIDING BEHIND THIS CORPORATE ENTITY.

Review about: Rcn Tv Package.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

rcn_cares
Rcn Verified Representative

Hello! Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience with RCN.

We strive to provide exceptional service to our customers at all times, and we want you to be satisfied with the service we provide. I will be happy to review your account and assist with your concerns. Please email us at helpme@rcn.net and include the full street address associated with your account.

Thank you! –Gina